Thursday, 3 December 2015

Pork Floss Sesame Rice Ball




Taiwanese Rice Balls was a rave many many years ago. It's really expensive to buy and I always wanted to DIY this snack myself. Doing it yourself, we can add any ingredients we want and eat as many as I want without burning a hole in my pocket. As I don't have Calrose rice in my pantry I use a mixture of normal and glutinous rice. Taste just as good.

Pork Floss Sesame Rice Ball

Ingredients:

100 gms of Jasmine fragrant rice
100 gms of glutinous rice
200 ml water, for cooking rice
3 tbsps Pork Floss
50 gms drained tuna mixed with 1 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tbsp black sesame/ 1 tbsp white sesame
4 pcs of seaweed

Method:

Wash and cook both rice together in the rice cooker or over the stove. Cool rice.
Add in the pork floss and sesame seeds.
Mix to combine thoroughly.
Divide rice into 4 portions.
Using a clingwrap flatten rice and put tuna in the centre.
Shape rice into a ball or triangle shape.
Wrap a piece of seaweed in the middle.
Serve either hot or cold.


No comments:

Post a Comment