Saturday, 10 October 2015

Belachan pork



Belachan pork is a stirfried pork recipe that is passed on to me by my mak. It's a very unique dish.The gravy is so shiok with steaming hot rice.I used this recipe for a cooking competition organised by Straits Times many years ago but  lost to a duck recipe because the judge is an angmo. I guess he doesn't like the smell and taste of belachan. But this is one recipe my family love. I hope to passed on this recipe from generation to generation.

Belachan Pork

Ingredients:

300gms lean pork
1 tbsp shredded ginger
 1 red chilli  (sliced )
1 tbsp toasted belachan

Method:

Sliced the pork thinly and leave aside. Heat up 1 tsp oil and fry the ginger and chilli for a minute add in the belachan.
Fry until the belachan is broken up finely. Then add 100ml water to mix well before adding in the pork.
Add more water for more gravy and let the mixture comes to a boil.
Do not cook for too long or the meat will be tough.
No need to add salt as the belachan is salty.
Serve with steaming hot rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment