Thursday, 9 July 2015
Sweet dough recipe is from Keryln Ng. I love her recipe as it produces soft and fluffy buns. This time I use Canned sardines and add sliced onions and 1 tbsp of sambal chilli for the spiciness. How to shape the dough is a challenge and I always love to make the dough into piggies. So cute!!
Sweet Dough Recipe - by Kerlyn Ng
Sweet Dough Recipe
150g - 200g water/milk
40g Condense Milk
2 nos 50g egg
300g Bread Flour
200g All Purpose Flour
10g Milk Powder
***( DO NOT MIX THE YEAST AND THE SALT TOGETHER, PUT THEM SEPARATELY )
55g Butter /Margarine
1) Use bread maker to mix A ingredients, in sequence. After the 20 mins dough is form, add in B ingredient continue to mix for another 20mins.
2) Rest dough for 60 min or till double the original size.
3) Punch down, squeezing out air bubbles and form dough into shapes.
4) Roll each ball to round shape, tuck the loose end at the bottom and line them properly in a tray.
5) Cover and rest dough for 30 min and start shaping them to desired pattern.
6) Proof buns till double in size ( 30 - 45 mins )
7) After 2nd proofing, egg wash and finish the surface decoration.
8) Bake in preheated 150 degree oven between 17 - 20 min or till golden brown.
Filling: 1 can of Tomato Sauce Sardines ( drain the sauce)
1 onion ( sliced)
1 tbsp sambal chilli
1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp sugar
Method: Heat up 1 tsp oil in a pan and fry the onion till soft.
Add in the sardines and mashed the sardines then add in the sambal chilli.
Dish up and let it cool before use.
How to make piggy bun.
Shape bun and let it proof till double in size.
Cut slices of sausage and cut into a triangle.
After proofing use egg wash and stick the ears on.
Use two red kidney beans for the eyes.
For the nose cut a slice of sausage and use a straw to poke two holes. Use egg wash to stick the nose on.