Friday, 3 July 2015
Apple Cheesecake Slice
APPLE CHEESE SLICE
Ingredients For Base:
210g Plain Flour
70g Castor Sugar
130g Salted Butter
1. Preheat oven to 180°C
2. Mix flour and sugar. Add butter using rub in method. Pressed into a greased 8 inch square tin.
3. Bake for 25 minutes until top slightly browned. Set aside to cool.
Ingredients For Apple Filling:
3 Green Apples (peeled and sliced)
2 tbsps brown sugar
1 tbsp Butter
1/2 tbsp Lemon Juice
1/4 tsp Cinnamon Powder
1 tbsp Corn Flour mixed with 2 tbsp water
1. Cook apples in a saucepan with brown sugar, lemon juice, butter and cinnamon powder until slightly softened.
2. Add corn flour mixture and stir until thickens. Set aside to cool.
3. Spread over base evenly.
Ingredients For Cheesecake Layer
2 Egg Whites
50g Castor Sugar
250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese
20g Castor Sugar
30g Fresh Cream
2 Egg Yolks
25g Corn Flour
1/4 tsp Salt
1. Preheat oven to 140°C
2. Beat egg whites with sugar until stiff. Set aside.
3. In a bowl, whip cream cheese and sugar until smooth, add fresh cream, corn flour, salt and egg yolks until everything is fully combined.
4. Fold the egg white into the cream cheese mixture in 3 parts.
5. Pour over the apple filling and use a spoon to spread evenly.
6. Bake for 35-45 minutes. If top is still pale, change to top heat function and increase temp to 150°C for 3-5 minutes, keeping an eye until nicely browned.
7. Let the cheesecake cool, then refrigerate for at least 2 hours.